London Hazards Centre AGM: 6.30pm – 8pm Thursday 29th November
@ Conway Hall, Red Lion Square, Holborn [e-mail for details if needed] please arrive for 6.30pm prompt.
Greg Edwards, Fire Brigades Union,
to talk about the FBU campaign against the threatened closure of 17 London Fire Stations and other cuts and safety matters.
Kingsley Abrams, UNITE National Executive Council member,
to talk about the importance of the not-for-profit sector in London and the effects of the cuts to services such as ours.
Simon Hester, HSE Construction Inspector & PROSPECT trade union,
to talk about the impact of budget cuts on HSE services in London.
- Funding bid to London Councils 2013/15 for a project London Hazards Migrant Workers Health & Safety Project
- Mark Brangwyn, Head of Community Services & Grants at London Councils, will be in attendance to answer questions about what is happening with
our London Council Grant.
- LHC Fundraising strategy – in order to survive in the coming years London Hazards must have sufficient income to manage without the London Councils grant & we
would like ideas from all our supporters about how best to move towards financial stability.
- Please consider coming onto the Management Council as a Trustee, it does not mean a huge time commitment, find out more by contacting LHC on 02077945999
- Nomination forms have been posted out – if you did not receive one please consider affiliating!!!! then getting your branch to nominate you. We need your active support!!!!
London Hazards Centre Trust is a Registered Charity no 293677. Registered Company no. 1981088
London Hazards Centre, Hampstead Town Hall Centre, 213 Haverstock Hill, London NW3 4QP
London Hazards has been commissioned by London Councils to work in all London boroughs to: Improve Health and safety in the workplace and communities through information, advice and training, focusing on women, black, Asian, minority ethnic communities and trade unions.
Follow us on Twitter @LondonHazards for selective retweets from NIOSH, HSE and others