Uniting workers and communities in the London Borough of Camden
This week in London there will be four different strikes taking place where workers leading the way urgently need your solidarity.
As well as the beginning of an all-out indefinite strike by UCU members at Lambeth College tomorrow onwards, and the strike at Heathrow Express by RMT members on Wednesday, there are two other strikes taking place too…
1. At the University of London, cleaners in the IWGB who were at the heart of the ‘3 Cosas’ strikes are set to be out this Friday, then Monday and Thursday. The strike involves the workers at the Garden Halls, which are due to close down on 30 June, placing over 80 people at risk of redundancy. The companies have refused to negotiate with the workers’ trade unions.
Picket lines will be up from 7.30am – 12.30 noon starting Friday 6 June, then on Monday 9 June and Thursday 12 June. The strikers are demanding:
1. No redundancies
2. Cofely and Aramark negotiate with the IWGB
3. All workers are transferred without losing their length of service
4. All workers are transferred without losing the London Living Wage or the improved sick pay, holidays, and pensions
2. Workers at One Housing Group in Unite in London are set to strike from this Friday, 6 June, too. They’re out until Tuesday 10 June.
The workers struck repeatedly against an attack on their pay last year. Now they are standing up to defend Bryan Kennedy, their lead convenor during the strike. Bryan was suspended in February, a result of union activities. They have held a number of protests and voted overwhelimgly to back him.
Picket lines will be in place at the following sites:
– 100 Chalk Farm Road , London NW1 8EH , from 8.15am
– Lincoln House, Corner of Hertford Road & Lincoln Rd , Ponders End, Enfield , EN3 4AH Picket Line, 8.15am -11am
– Ponders Bridge House, 402a Caledonian Road , London , N7 8UA , picket line, 8am -11am
– 737 Garratt Lane, Wandsworth , SW17 0PD, Picket Line, 7.30am -10.30am
Collections can be sent to Unite branch 1/1111 account no: 20040639 sort code 08-60-01.
Rush messages of support to both: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org